Last updated on June 26th, 2020
Waking up with a positive, infectious attitude isn’t as hard as you may think. Especially when we’re having access to morning affirmations!
In fact, the 5-10 minutes right after waking up can determine your mood, energy and happiness for the rest of the morning, and even the whole day.
This is why morning affirmations are so effective. They start your day on the right foot and give you the tools to handle the days events with ease and gentleness.
So next time you open your eyes in the morning, don’t jump out of bed immediately. Lay still for a couple of minutes and focus on your breathing. While you do this, whisper some affirmations to yourself.
“Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day” – Dalai Lama XIV
Before you ask which affirmations are best to use at this time – we’ve got you covered! This article includes a list of 201 of the best morning affirmations that you can introduce to your daily routine.
How to use morning affirmations
There isn’t one specific way to use affirmations but there are certain practices to make them more effective.
Practice in a peaceful environment
Make sure you are calm and relaxed before saying your affirmations. Take deep breaths and rid the area of any potential distractions.
It doesn’t have to be somewhere cozy. It could even be in front of your bathroom mirror. The main thing is that you are able to hear yourself clearly.
Affirm in the present tense
When reading morning affirmations, it might be tempting to convert it to the future tense.
However, affirmations are more effective when spoken in the first person. ‘I will’ refers to the future which is currently out of reach.
Saying your affirmation in the present tense means that you will start to feel as if your desire is a reality now.
Phrases such as ‘I am’, ‘I can’, ‘I am grateful for’, ‘I attract’ etc. are great examples of phrases you can put before affirmations.
Starting or ending an affirmation with ‘Today’ is especially effective in the morning as it helps set the tone for the coming day.
Anyways, even using a “will” tense won’t do a harm, but we prefer to combine them with “now”.
Feel your emotions
You must be able to feel and visualise your affirmations when you recite them.
If you are affirming that you are successful, visualize that success, feel that success.
Many affirmations will probably sound foolish to you to begin with, but you can eventually convince your brain otherwise.
Now that you have some tips on how to use them, take a look at our extensive list of affirmations to use in the morning.
Our list of 201 Morning affirmations
Let’s start with the ones, that gives you the motivation to start your day.
25 Morning affirmations for motivation
- Every day is a fresh start
- The stars are aligned
- I will make the most of this day
- I’m surrounded by beautiful things
- I am willing to act and face my fears
- I have everything I need
- I let go of my old negative beliefs and replace them with positive ones
- I take on new challenges and feel calm, confident, and powerful
- I never fail. Everything that happens contributes to my strength
- I create the life I want to enjoy
- I have the courage to induce positive change in my life
- Feeling motivated, confident and assured is a normal feeling for me
- I am valuable
- I feel happy and free
- I am surrounded by people who motivate me
- I trust the journey
- I am excited about today’s possibilities
- I am passionate about improving myself
- I will make valuable contributions to the world today
- I have great ideas
- I am the architect of my life
- Today, I abandon my old habits and pick up new, more positive ones
- My mind is clear of self-doubt
- My actions bring me closer to my goals
- My life is a blast of growing opportunity
25 Morning affirmations for confidence
- Today is a great day
- I find peace within myself
- I am happy to be alive
- My possibilities are endless
- I am comfortable with myself
- I’m energized and ready to slay the day
- I am allowed to have big goals
- I am allowed to take chances
- Every time I fall, I get back up
- Today has countless opportunities
- Today, I will make big strides towards growth
- There’s nothing that can bring me down
- I make sure every day is better than the last
- I believe in myself
- I trust my decisions today
- I am walking down the right path
- I leave my past behind me
- I am at peace in my life
- I make progress everyday
- I am letting go of all negativity in my life
- I have healed from my past pain
- I work towards my goals
- Great things are happening to me
- I inhale confidence. I exhale doubt
- I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to
25 Morning affirmations for positive thinking
- I know my power
- Challenges are just opportunities in disguise
- My failures are my steppingstones
- I feel motivated no matter my situation
- I was not born to give up
- I’m deserving of my dreams
- Every day, I become stronger
- Every day, I become more fearless
- I’m brave enough to face my fears
- I know my own power
- Nobody can bring me down
- I can do it
- I do not fear the fire because I am the fire
- The challenge is what fuels me
- I am successful in many ways
- I have achieved many things
- I am always improving myself
- When things get tough, I persevere
- I focus on productive and effective action
- I have full control over my life
- I honor my desire to reach my goals
- No negative thought will take root in my mind
- I am happy and I am motivated
- I achieve great things through small steps
- I look at mistakes as opportunities to learn
26 Morning affirmations for growth
- I choose my curses and my blessings
- I am fierce. I am bold. I am unafraid
- I am excited to get out of bed each day
- If it does not serve me, I sever it from my life
- Knowledge is there to be gained
- My commitment to myself is real
- I choose not to take things personally
- I believe in the people around me
- I am a diamond. It’s my time to shine
- Feeling motivated is my natural state
- I do not succumb to my fears
- My mind, body, and soul are powerful
- I am focused, persistent, and will never quit
- My focus is unwavering
- I will always find a way
- Success is my future
- I must rely on myself
- I am my own best chance for success
- I have a mindset of growth
- I am not dependant on anyone but myself
- I am responsible for my success and failures
- I am mindful of my emotions, but do not let them control me
- I am unstoppable in achieving my dreams
- I embrace my fears
- I do not fear change
- I have abundant energy
25 Morning affirmations for anxiety and depression
- I am safe and loved
- I am calm
- I do the best I can and that’s enough
- This is only temporary
- I take things one step at a time
- Things always work out
- I am strong
- I breathe my anxiety away
- I can climb any mountain
- This too, shall pass
- I am in full control
- I am not alone
- I’m not afraid by what could go wrong
- I’m excited by what could go right
- I am confident
- I am loved
- I am not my anxiety
- I release any negative emotions
- I radiate confidence
- I am becoming stronger
- I am grounded
- I respect and love myself
- I can weather this storm
- I am protected
- I breathe out anxiety, I breathe in confidence
If you’re interested about positive affirmations for anxiety and depression, feel free read here.
25 Morning affirmations for stress
- I am whole and complete
- I take deep breaths
- This will not last forever
- I’m ready to let go
- I deserve happiness
- I choose faith over fear
- I choose calm over worry
- I deserve and am ready to heal
- I have survived this before
- I do not worry over things I can’t control
- I have all the tools
- I am highly favored
- I trust the process
- Life is simple, easy, and effortless
- I am at peace and harmony
- I feel inner peace
- I am happy, relaxed, and free from worry
- I choose to be free of worry and stress
- My mind is in a state of peace
- I am free
- I release my worries and doubts
- Life is too short to waste on stressful feelings
- I am good at what I do
- I am in control of my breath
- Everything is just fine
25 Morning affirmations for gratitude
- Thank you for this new day
- I’m grateful for who I am
- I’m filled with happiness and gratitude
- Being alive is a wonderful feeling
- Thank you for today’s blessings
- Today, I am grateful
- I am gratitude
- I am surrounded by things to be grateful for
- I live a life of gratitude
- I am thankful for the ability to learn
- I am thankful for my family and friends
- I am grateful for this moment
- Life is beautiful
- The universe supports me
- There is always something to appreciate
- I live in a state of gratitude
- I am grateful for the abundance in my life
- I am grateful for my body
- I am grateful for my mind
- I am appreciative
- I cherish the relationships I have maintained throughout my life
- I am blessed
- I feel gratitude for all
- I am grateful for excellent health
- I am thankful for the opportunity to grow
25 Morning affirmations for success & wealth
- Being successful comes easily to me
- Money flows naturally to me
- I am a magnet for success
- My only limit to success is myself
- My passion for business brings results
- Money spent comes back to me multiplied
- My vision and goals are the backbones to my existence
- I am worthy of success
- Organization comes naturally to me
- I celebrate my success
- I focus on successful outcomes
- I see opportunities in everything
- I behave like a winner
- I have amazing determination
- I can achieve any goal
- I only attract advantageous situations
- I live a positive life
- I am fearless
- I attract successful people to my life
- I love being successful
- I am creative
- Great things come my way
- I am naturally confident
- Others feel inspired by my success
- I am pure success
Hopefully you found some value in this list of 201 morning affirmations.
Remember, affirmations are not the only thing you can be doing in the morning to increase your overall well-being.
Here are some other habits you should include into your morning schedule.
3 Things to do in the morning to make your day more fulfilling
1. Morning meditation
Meditation is one of the best ways to start off your day.
In fact, meditating for 10 minutes before you say your affirmations will make them more effective as you will be in a more tranquil and relaxed state.
“To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” – Lao Tzu
Ultimately, meditation helps you to think more clearly and efficiently, allowing you to have a more productive day.
If you can gather the energy first thing in the morning to start sweating, you will be rewarded.
Exercise releases endorphins which increase your overall feeling of well being and even helps to numb physical pain or discomfort. They can also reduce stress hormones.
Therefore, a little exercise in the morning is a fantastic way to start your day in control and full of energy.
3. Plan your day
One of the best things you can do to start your day off well is something that can be done the night before.
Make a plan for the upcoming day. It doesn’t need to a minute by minute schedule, but it should outline the main tasks you want to accomplish the next day.
If you can’t think of things to do, set some time to exercise and to refine your favourite hobbies.
The point is to avoid ‘decision fatigue’. Funnily enough, making decisions alone can drain our energy so having a plan ready gives you more time to focus on other decisions throughout the day.
We hope this list of morning affirmations will help you to kick off your day!
Whatever you do in the morning sets the tone for the whole day and that’s why it’s essential you fill it with productive and positive habits.
You may live a busy life, but waking up just 10-30 minutes earlier to recite some affirmations or do some of the things mentioned above, can be very beneficial.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out our other similar topics: