Did you know that loving yourself is something you can learn?
Think of your self-worth as if it were a plant. When you water it, it grows. When you neglect it, the plant becomes droopy and a shadow of what it could be.
The first step to growing your self-worth is to recognize that you are deserving of love. More specifically, you are deserving of your own love. A great way to unlock this belief is through the use of positive self-worth affirmations.
If you’re looking for some great examples to use, read on to see our list of 201 self-love and self-worth affirmations.
Before continuing, it’s probably a good idea to understand the importance of self-worth.
Why is self-worth and self-love so important?
What makes self-worth so important is that it directly impacts all our choices and actions.
When you have low self-worth, you are more likely to shy away from challenges or things that scare you. By doing this, you limit your own potential.
For example, imagine one thing that you always wanted to try. You know it would make you happy, yet you hear someone small-minded to put your dream down, and then the idea is abandoned.
Essentially, you didn’t trust your own judgment, and this comes down to a low level of self-worth.
“With realisation of one’s own potential and self confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world” – Dalai Lama
That thing could make you happy. It also might have failed – but the failure would teach them an invaluable lesson.
If you don’t learn to love and trust yourself, then you will live your whole life following the ideals of others and that’s why self-worth is so important.
To help with your own feelings of self-esteem, try using some of the self-love and self-worth affirmations from the list below.
201 Self-Love and Self-Worth Affirmations
Let’s start with positive affirmations for self-worth.
Remember, pick 5-10 affirmations and repeat them consistently for 30 days. Also, get more actionable tips here (opens in new window).
101 Self-Worth Affirmations
- I am a problem-solver. Every problem is a chance to grow.
- I think positively and expect the best
- I am open to and welcome new experiences
- Life is beautiful and rewarding
- The universe has plans for my success
- I only attract positive people and events into my life
- I radiate love wherever I go
- I inspire people to be better
- I relish the small joys of life
- I am courageous and willing to seek new challenges
- I am aware of my strength
- I move and act with confidence
- I am in the driving seat of my life
- Belief in myself is a natural feeling
- I attract good energy into my life
- I am worthy of experiencing wonderful relationships
- People love being with me
- My feelings of self-worth are growing every day
- I deserve abundance and wealth
- My co-workers appreciate me
- I respect my limits but am always looking to increase them
- I am making a difference in this world
- I deserve the life I desire
- I am worthy of pursuing my dreams
- I am loveable in my own unique way
- I am brave, I am loved, I am good enough
- I am fearless
- I possess the natural ability to grow
- I am capable of handling anything that comes my way
- I am grateful for my capabilities
- I cherish the feeling of being alive
- I am committed to improving myself
- I have complete confidence in my ideas and decisions
- I have nothing to prove to anyone
- Obstacles are simply challenges I must overcome
- I am keeping my body healthy
- I’m in control of my destiny
- I am my own sunshine
- I am worthy of a wonderful life
- I accomplish my duties effortlessly
- I smash through any obstacles in my way
- I am a positive example for others
- I enjoy and find fulfillment in helping others
- I am adventurous and bold
- I am confident around others
- The love I have for myself is the basis for my confidence
- I am doing a great job
- I never stop learning new things
- I keep an open mind
- I am ready to forgive myself for mistakes I make
- I support my co-workers
- I choose where to channel my energy and time
- I constantly surpass expectations
- I am open to all the possibilities ahead of me
- I have what it takes to achieve my goals
- I am the master of my life
- I am protected by my self-worth
- My uniqueness is a gift to the world
- I enjoy and earn admiration and respect
- I am worthy of acceptance
- My confidence is powerful
- I approach people with authenticity and confidence
- Interacting with me is a wonderful experience
- I am proud of what I have already accomplished
- My past mistakes have made me stronger
- Every day, my positive qualities grow
- I feed my self-worth positive thoughts
- When I think positively, good things happen
- I am powerful, capable, and confident
- I make wise decisions
- Confidence comes easily to me
- I start each day with a grateful heart
- I am wonderfully made
- I am always true to myself
- I find the positives in any situation
- I celebrate my achievements
- I keep my focus on my goals and dreams
- I grow from difficult times
- In every situation, I think like a winner
- I hold great importance
- I achieve great things
- I see endless opportunities ahead of me
- I am aware of my strong qualities
- I accept myself for who I am
- I am strong and resilient
- I won’t worry about the small things
- I can and I will
- Self-worth is what I thrive on
- I attract loving and confident people into my life
- I am the only judge of my self-worth
- I am competent, determined, and confident
- I radiate confidence
- My mind is full of positive thoughts
- I create joy for others every day
- I feel peaceful and content
- I appreciate all the positivity in my life
- I have unlimited energy
- I am healthy, fit, and strong
- I feel fulfilled, grateful, and at peace
- I always see the good in people, including myself
- I effortlessly achieve a high sense of self-worth
100 Self-love affirmations
- I love myself as I love others
- My heart is open to receiving love, both from others and myself
- Love is abundant in my life
- I am worthy of the love the universe has to offer
- I feel safe and secure within myself
- My thoughts are my safe space
- I accept myself just the way I am
- I let go of any urge to criticize myself
- I let go of my negative beliefs
- I am beautiful, inside and out
- I have great trust in myself
- I radiate love and happiness
- I open myself up to new experiences
- I live life to the fullest
- My self-love brings out the best version of myself
- Every day, I become more enthusiastic and energetic towards life
- I deserve to be loved
- Feelings of self-love come naturally to me
- I welcome feelings of love into my life
- I am focused on enjoying my life
- I deserve to feel happy and content
- I let go of the need to judge my body
- I am not my mistakes
- I am loved
- I am a magnificent human being
- I honor and cherish my inner voice
- My opinion matters
- I have more power than I can begin to imagine
- I appreciate myself
- I am completely comfortable with myself and my path
- My body is my vehicle in achieving my dreams
- I let feelings of love in
- I am love
- I have my own back
- My struggles make me stronger
- Love flows from me
- I am deserving of infinite compassion
- The people around me bring out the best in me
- My body is beautiful
- I feel great pride in myself
- I am blessed
- I feel empowered to change my life
- The average is not in my vocabulary. I excel
- I am not defined by my negative emotions or thoughts
- My confidence is through the roof
- I am exactly who I need to be
- My prosperity increases every day
- I have a caring and loving heart
- I don’t take criticism to heart
- My choices are based on inner wisdom
- I don’t need anything but myself to feel happiness
- I cherish my individuality
- I embrace and own my flaws
- I practice self-love and the benefits are endless
- The universe wants me to succeed
- I have what it takes to follow my dreams
- I am in control of my fears
- My life is full of love
- I have divine inner beauty
- I will stand up for myself
- I care for myself as much as I care for others
- Love is everywhere
- I have the tools I need to succeed
- Self-love comes to me with ease
- I deserve the good things in my life
- Every step I take is one of courage
- I have made it this far and I will continue going
- My individuality gives me confidence
- I am my own best friend
- I overcome negativity with love and compassion
- I am pure, beautiful, and authentic
- I am worthy of unlimited compassion
- I protect myself from negative energy
- It’s OK to express the pain
- My life is a beautiful journey
- I have so much to be proud of
- I am blessed to have a wise soul
- I am patient with myself and those around me
- I appreciate who I am and look up to who I am becoming
- My self-love becomes greater every day
- I am blessed with a brilliant mind
- I am unstoppable
- I am outstanding
- I have the strength to overcome any adversity
- I don’t hold on to feelings of shame or regret
- I am a masterpiece
- Great opportunities flow to me
- I am prepared for the road ahead of me
- I am open to receiving miracles
- I give my best in everything I do
- I am always looking to improve myself
- I am at peace with myself
- I am forgiving and I let go of all that hurts me
- I release negative thoughts that do not serve me
- I am worthy of a wonderful life
- I observe my emotions neutrally. They do not define me
- I trust my journey
- I am beginning to learn more about myself
- I give myself the love I need
- I’m comfortable in my own body
Using self-love and self-worth affirmations will help to give you the inner strength to face anything that comes your way.
If achieving a greater sense of self-worth is your true goal, you should also be doing some of these the things below:
3 Steps to improve your self-worth and self-love
Doing daily activities that improves your mood and your well-being is an essential to having a better self-worth and self-love.
When you are taking care of your mental and physical state, it’s a proof that you love yourself and you know your worth.
However, most of the times we forget to do things that we will benefit from and that’s a reason, why you should start doing this things:
1. Stop comparing yourself with others
OK, this is a lot easier said than done, but take a step back and think about it. What actual need is there to compare yourself with other people?
Everyone is unique, on different paths, and all started from entirely different circumstances.
You must also remember that just because someone appears to be living a fantastic life on social media, it’s not necessarily true. For many, attention on social media gives them an artificial feeling of self-worth and this is not a path you want to take.
Comparisons ultimately lead to negative self-talk, which is the root of your anxiety and stress. So, repeat self-worth affirmations and remember to focus on your own life.
2. Daily exercise
Did you know how useful exercise can be to your overall state of well-being?
Not only does it provide you with numerous physical benefits, but it also leads to greater mental health (for greater mental health, try meditation).
Think back to the last time you had a proper workout. Chances are, your levels of confidence and happiness were also heightened thereafter.
Working out makes us feel good about ourselves. So, if possible, set aside some time everyday to get some exercise.
1. Be mindful
To be able to change something about your life, you must first be aware of what it is you want to change.
Practicing mindfulness will help you become aware of your negative self-talk.
Even though self-worth affirmations will help you to destroy limiting beliefs you might have, practising meditation can help you a lot in the process.
As you do this, you’ll develop the ability to distance yourself from these negative emotions and the low feeling of self-worth they create.
Next time you criticize yourself, make a mental note of what’s happening and remember, these are just thoughts and not your reality.
Never undervalue your feelings of self-worth and self-love.
Only when you truly love yourself will you be able to become the person you were destined to be.
Hopefully, you found some great examples to use in the list of self-affirmations above.
If you found value in them, make sure to check out our other lists here: