Last updated on April 19th, 2021
Regardless of what you may think, happiness doesn’t start with a degree, a job, a relationship, or even money. It begins with your thoughts and what you tell yourself every day.
True happiness comes from within. It means viewing things with the bigger picture in mind.
When you are happy, it doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means that you’ve chosen to look past the imperfections.
Affirmations for happiness help you to achieve this by focusing your mind and energy on positive statements.
Next time you are feeling under the weather – take a few minutes for yourself. Close your eyes, take deep breaths, and feel the stress and tension leave your body as you repeat some positive affirmations.
If you are wondering what affirmations to use, keep reading to see our list of 201 affirmations for happiness.
How can affirmations help you achieve happiness?
Happiness is the feeling you get when you are enjoying life. It’s that feeling that causes you to smile.
Basically, it’s a combination of how good you feel on a day by day basis and how satisfied you are with your life. (Best way to feel happy is to do more of what makes you happy)
It’s easily confused with pleasure. For instance, someone who does ecstasy every day may experience frequent bursts of pleasure, but this doesn’t mean they are happy.
In fact, it means quite the opposite. Interestingly enough, achieving great ceilings of happiness regularly, can be unhealthier than keeping an even-kneeled mood. After all, what goes up must come down.
Excessive pleasure also leads to lower overall dopamine levels, affecting your overall mood negatively.
So rather than chasing many moments of momentary pleasure, work on manifesting what will really provide you satisfaction in life.
To do this, you must think like a happy person. That’s why affirmations for happiness are so effective. Here’s a list of 201 great examples you can use.
List of 201 affirmations for happiness
We should start with positivity.
51 Affirmations for positivity
- I am always learning new things
- I like change because it leads to growth
- Changing my life in an enjoyable process
- I use positive reinforcement on myself
- I am changing my life for the better
- I focus on important actions
- I do things that bring me joy
- I rid my life of falsehood and denial
- I am happy
- Love and happiness flow freely from me
- I am a radiant, joyous person
- I always look at the positive side of things
- I am making a conscious effort to be happy
- I am always open to laughter
- It’s ok to focus on myself
- I make the world my ally
- I stay away from my comfort zone
- I find power in the present moment
- I life live consciously
- I live authentically
- My current path is a joyous one
- I am courageous and not afraid of the unknown
- Every day, I make positive changes
- I am in the process of positive change
- I expect great things in my life
- I easily rid my mind of negative thoughts
- My life is awesome
- I accept what I cannot change
- I turn stress into peace and positivity
- My self-talk is always positive
- I am a force for powerful, positive change
- Daily affirmations help me to focus on positive things
- I can handle whatever comes my way
- I trust the process of life
- I greet uncertainty with hope
- I am my own best friend
- I am learning to accept myself
- Life is always getting better
- I give more energy to do what I want
- I can find the positives of any situation
- Happiness is within me
- I focus my inner power
- All my goals are within my reach
- I am my own hero
- I deserve success, love, and happiness
- I am at peace with myself
- I deserve to have a fulfilling, happy life
- I am beautiful
- I radiate positivity wherever I go
- We all make mistakes. I choose to learn from them
- I deserve to laugh
If you want to raise your positivity, read our 25 daily mantras for positive thinking.
50 Affirmations for happiness: Self-belief
- I continue to learn and grow
- I believe in my skills and abilities
- I have great ideas
- I make useful contributions
- I will stand by my decisions
- I have all the knowledge I need to succeed
- I’m in the driver’s seat of my life
- I feel I’m making a difference
- I have the power to do incredible things
- I exude confidence
- I trust my intuition
- I love seeing my confidence grow
- If I set my mind to it, I can achieve anything
- I accept and approve of myself
- I am successful, confident, and happy
- I allow myself to be great
- I can and I will
- I’m unique and beautiful in my own way
- I let go of all that doesn’t serve me
- I refuse to give up
- The word ‘can’t’ is not in my vocabulary
- Confidence is a choice. I choose to be confident
- I will not compare myself with others
- I am wonderfully made
- Others believe in me because I believe in myself
- I show compassion to others
- I have what it takes to be confident and successful
- I trust my gut
- I own my successes and my failures
- I now express my full potential
- I love who I am becoming
- I trust myself to handle anything
- I make good use of my time
- I frequently step outside of my comfort zone
- I have the ability to succeed
- I feel great about myself
- I have something special to offer
- I am worthy of great things in life
- I am confident and brave
- I live in the moment and look forward to the future
- I am my best source of motivation
- What I need is already here
- I am capable of more than I imagine
- Anything is possible
- I accept compliments graciously
- There is no situation I can’t overcome
- I feel better as I release my self-doubt
- I have great inner power
- I embrace the mystery of life
- I don’t make excuses. I make solutions
25 Affirmations for happiness: Gratitude
- Every day, I find something to be thankful for
- The universe supports me and my desires
- I’m thankful for every new day
- I feel grateful for my friends and family
- I’m grateful simply for being alive
- I’m grateful for my beautiful and loving spouse
- I’m so happy and grateful for the life I have
- I am blessed just to wake up every morning
- The universe is working for my greater good
- I’m grateful for my wonderful body
- I give thanks for the air I breathe
- I’m blessed to be doing what I love
- I am filled with gratitude
- I’m grateful for my body and treat It like a temple
- I’m grateful for the flow of abundance in my life
- I’m blessed with unique and awesome qualities
- I cherish the friendships and relationships in my life
- I am thankful for the ability to learn
- My life is improving every day and I am grateful
- I am grateful for the present moment
- I’m blessed with my excellent health
- I possess the gift of great intellect and creativity
- My life is filled with an abundance of gratitude
- I am thankful for the ability to grow
- I keep the door open for more blessings
25 Affirmations for success
- I embrace new challenges with confidence
- Every day, I become more successful
- Meeting my goals is easy for me
- I constantly meet goals and then set new, harder goals.
- I am creative, persistent, and self-reliant in all that I do
- I have magnetic energy and I attract success
- I abandon old, negative habits and take up new, positive ones.
- I trust the journey
- I perform well under pressure
- I attract great opportunities my way
- I am independent, powerful, and successful
- I am determined to achieve my goals
- I am highly successful
- I handle stressful situations with ease
- People come to me for advice
- My dreams and goals are what motivate me
- Every day, I bring more success into my life
- Success is my birth right
- I work incredibly hard and enjoy the rewards
- I starve myself of distractions and feed my focus
- Every day, I improve
- I make smart, informed decisions
- I make the effort to master anything I pick up
- Every day, I refine my skills
- Success didn’t find me. I gave it directions.
25 Affirmations for dealing with stress
- My breathing is calm and relaxed
- I feel my stress fading away
- I feel centered and peaceful
- I easily let go of stress
- I am calm. Everything is going to be OK
- I choose to live in peace
- I breathe in relaxation, I breathe out tension
- I am in charge of my mind and body
- I am free of anxiety
- I easily cleanse feelings of panic from my body
- I relax each part of my body
- This too, shall pass
- All is well
- I attract only positive energy into my body
- Good things happen to me all the time
- I understand there are some things I can’t change
- I embrace joyful thoughts
- I don’t have to be stressed. It’s a choice.
- Feeling stuck is just a feeling. There’s always a way out.
- I can and I will turn things around
- I relax and enjoy life
- I take things as they come
- I don’t take things personally
- With every breath, I become calmer
- Today, I choose peace of mind
25 Future-tense affirmations for happiness
- When I can control how I feel, I control the future
- I will remain happy through any hard times
- My habits will lead me to success
- I will overcome any obstacles in the way of my happiness
- My future is bright
- I look to the upcoming day with hope
- I will come out of this a stronger and happier person
- I will not stress over what I cannot control
- I will give my best in anything I purse
- I believe, with time, everything will work out for me
- I will not let my thoughts drag me down
- I look forward to the future
- I visualise a happy, content future and work hard today to achieve it
- I will always nurture myself
- My self-belief grows every day.
- I will constantly set new goals for myself
- I will never forget the power of positive thinking
- I will always accept and love myself unconditionally
- My life is beginning to improve
- This is the start of something great
- I will break free of my past
- Whatever I do, I will succeed
- I will always think positively
- I will always be motivated
- I will always be looking to learn new skills or further refine my current ones.
You may think pursuing your own happiness is a selfish act, but there is much more to it than that.
Why happiness is so important
Although we all sometimes neglect ourselves and our mental health, feeling happy is essential for a fulfilling life. If we are happy, it has side effects that affect other parts of our lives.
When you are happy, you are naturally more compassionate, creative, and energetic.
You are more fun to be around. You will probably experience increased success in your career as you are more motivated.
In addition, your happiness is contagious. If you are happy, your family and friends will feel happier too.
So why not to use this affirmations for happiness?
Think about it. When you love someone, it brings you great joy to see them experiencing feelings of happiness.
You will also be more attractive to your spouse or potential partners.
Essentially, happiness acts as a ‘domino effect’ and it all starts with you as an individual.
By being happy, you spread happiness to others, who in turn spread it to even more people.
So as Bob Marley would say – ‘Don’t worry, be happy’.
Use our affirmations for happiness and you’ll see a big change overtime in your mindset.
Of course, it’s easier said than done, but nothing worth achieving in life is easy.
For more affirmations, take a look at our other lists on:
- Positive Affirmations: The Definitive Guide
- 201 Positive Affirmations For Positivity And Optimism
- 101 Positive Affirmations for Depression and Anxiety
- 102 Positive Affirmations for Success at Work
- How to Use Positive Affirmations Correctly
- 7 Benefits of Listening To Positive Affirmations